What is an Asset Search?
How Do I Know if I Need An Asset Investigation?
We’re here to answer all of your questions.
If you or your company needs help locating banks, brokerage accounts or other assets, we can help. Our investigators have special access to intelligence locating banks, investment accounts, and other assets in the US and in most countries around the world.
Whether it be civil judgments, business disputes, child support, complicated divorce matters, or pre-litigtion, call us first for a free evaluation and quote. Our prices are competitive, our information is always accurate, and our turn-around time is the best in the business.
Justice Solutions Group is a private investigation firm with specific access to obtain detailed hidden asset searches in connection with judgment recovery or civil litigation. We are regularly asked to perform bank account searches, brokerage searches and other financial workups to reveal information that is not ordinarily available to the public. We also have a network of certified financial fraud investigators and forensic specialists that can assist companies of any size with a fraud or embezzlement investigation.
Types of Asset Searches We Conduct
An asset investigation can be tailored to find almost anything, but our most common requests are:
• Bank Accounts (US and International)
• Stocks and Bonds (Brokerages / Investments)
• Safe Deposit Boxes
• Employment Income and Retirement Income
• Corporations and Business Partnerships
• Real Estate Titles
• Automobiles, Boats and Aircraft
• Intellectual Property (Patents, Trademarks, Etc)
• Family Members and Spouses (Including possible transfers of ownership, etc)
• Hard inventory of a business
• And much more – Call us for more information.
Our pricing is very competitive and fixed-rate for most types of asset searches. You can order individual bank searches or purchase a package depending upon what your needs are. A bank account or brokerage search may be all you need. Or, you may have a more complicated matter. We can help with both.
Please call us or use our contact form to briefly discuss your needs so that we can tailor the right search for you: (800) 278-9329.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does the Judgment Collection proces work? Does Justice Solutions Group do asset recovery and judgment recovery?
A: At this time we are not conducting asset recovery or judgment collection for individuals, however we are happy to help explain the process to you and point you in the right direction. It is often much easier than clients are aware of to collect civil judgments. For corporate clients and high net worth clients, we can assist and consult with recovery, depending upon the situation and amount owed.
For a more an explanation of how the process works, the short video below will help answer most of your questions.
Q: How long does a search typically take?
A: On average,searches normally take between 7-10 days, often much faster if it is a basic bank locate. For international searches and difficult subjects, the average is 14 days, with some countries taking longer on occasion. Searches can be expedited for an additional fee. In the video below explains more in detail how long each search takes and why.
Q: What are the most common reasons people conduct asset/bank account searches?
- To obtain bank account information so that a civil judgment or child support judgment can be enforced.
- Determining whether or not to proceed with a lawsuit.
- Identifying non-exempt assets that can be used to satisfy a judgement.
- Identifying and confirming all declared assets in a divorce or bankruptcy.
- Identifying and establishing admissible evidence that can later be used in a fraudulent action suit.
- And much more
Q: Will the other person be notified know I am searching for their accounts?
A: No. Our searches are done discreetly and covertly, and the other party will not be notified. For more information about how we conduct our searches, please watch the video below.
Q: Is doing a bank account or other type of financial search legal?
A: Yes. Information such as financial assets are covered by a set of federal laws known as the GLBA and FCRA. The following purposes are authorized under those laws:
- Legal/Litigation Purposes
- Debt Collection/Judgment Recovery
- Fraud Prevention or Detection
- Insurance (Approval and Investigations)
Q: What is the difference between Justice Solutions Group and other companies claiming to do asset searches?
A: We are a licenced private investigative agency with dozens of positive reviews, many from others that have obtained asset searches from us. Our reputation is everything. We have a 125% accuracy guarantee, that if the account’s we find for you don’t exist when you go to collect/subpoena, we’ll refund your fee, plus twenty five percent of that fee. We have never had to do that. To our knowledge, we are the only agency that has that guarantee.
Q:What are some of the ways that people “hide” assets?
A: Private persons and companies have been attempting to hide assets since the inception of money itself. The main reasons for this are usually to lower the chances of losing their assets in a court-ordered judgment, the evasion of federal or state taxes, or during divorce proceedings where property and spousal support are being determined by the assets declared by either party.
Justice Solutions Group’s asset investigation methodology can include looking at family members of the subject in question, as many people attempt to hide assets by transfers of real estate titles, boat, RV, and aircraft titles, and any other asset that can legally be transferred to the family member. Much of this information can be used to establish evidence that can later be used in a fraudulent transfer action.
Some of the most common ways individuals/businesses hide money are:
- Opening an LLC/C-Corp and then closing it, but opening and keeping the bank account open. (The banks rarely ask for verification that the business is still open!)
- Opening a Business Banking Accounts as a DBA (Doing Business As) something other than a personal account.
- Running checks and deposits through a family member, who in turn gives the person cash or wires them money.
- Opening shell companies to accept payments and then paying for personal expenses out of that account. (comingling funds)
- Using pre-paid debit cards as a “bank”, where they can receive funds, and use the card just like any other traditional bank.
- Opening a business and claiming a “loss” every year, until they close the business and wash, rinse, repeat.
- And much more!
Assets are also hidden by changes in company structure, and most corporations have to be thoroughly investigated to see if there have been any recent principal changes or board member changes in a given time period. These changes are sometimes carefully constructed to camouflage the transfer of assets, and must be looked at carefully to determine when, how and why the change occurred, as often they involve multiple steps to hide ownership and control/interest of property.</p
Benefits of Hiring Experienced Asset Investigators
The experienced asset investigators at Justice Solutions Group know where to look and how to look for hidden assets. More than just a records search, true asset investigations take time and careful documentation. Asset investigations at our level are typically utilized in high profile cases, and can be helpful in the following areas.